Monday, February 14, 2011

Korea Konfirmed

Like the title? Mortal Kombat inspired.

Officially, in one week I will be on a plane to Korea. It will be my first time back since the Spring of 1992. It was a long application process, frustrating both in duration and finances. Here's the break down:

(I thought about using the MasterCard analogy, but it's been overused.)

-Intellius Background Check $25
-USSearch Background Check $20 (The first one wasn't acceptable)
-Illinois State Police Background Check $16 (I was told the second one was unacceptable, but then they changed their minds. Living in 6 states made background checks really hard).
-College Transcripts $8
-Drug Test $48
-Kinkos Copies(adoption papers, birth certificate, diploma, etc) $20
-Notary Public $2
-Apostille (Hague Convention Certification) $160
-Physical Exam $75
-Visa $45

Grand Total: $419

Plus I also had to buy my own plane ticket. Add another $605.

I really hope this trip is worth it. My pockets are empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment