Thursday, February 10, 2011

Chris 2.0

"To see with eyes unclouded by hate." ~Ashitaka (Mononoke-Hime)

2 weeks ago I had a typical heated argument with my ex-girlfriend. I learned 2 things from my 3.5 year relationship with her. [1]Shes not the greatest person in the world (specifically for me), but [2]shes always right. She addressed my bitterness towards the discrimination I have suffered, and touched upon the issue of generalizing all Koreans, something I've talked about quite a lot. I stopped talking to her, cause I don't like being told off, and my ego and pride are constantly in a vulnerable state when I'm with her, but as always a couple hours later I reflected on the conversation and knew she was right.

I was reminded of the film American History X. One of my favorite quotes is from that movie. "Has anything you've done made your life better?" From now on I will control myself, and try to be a lot more objective, productive, and constructive with my entries. I promise happier posts.

Thanks Joo. I owe you the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment